This past weekend I found myself entertaining some lovely house guests (shout out to Jenny Penny and all the Goodyear Girls who visited me 🙂 ). I wanted to prepare a collection of delicious and yet still low carb appetizers for their munching pleasure before we hit the town for a day of shopping. One thing I had been dying to try was these Cheese Chips. They’re a great low carb option for anyone that loves snacking on potato chips or Cheez-Its, and they seriously couldn’t be easier to make.
I first came across this idea on Pinterest: http://www.nobunplease.com/my-crispy-cheddar-crisps/
- 1 bag of shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar but you can use whatever suits your fancy. Reduced fat cheeses also work just fine to do these chips.)
- Parchment paper (i realize that's not exactly an ingredient, but if you don't have some, you'll want to pick it up to make this process easier)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop a Tablespoon of shredded cheese onto the paper. Repeat with all cheese (you may need more than one tray) so that you have little piles of cheese on the sheet spaced about 2 inches apart just as you would if you were baking cookies.
- Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Let cool for a few minutes and then gently lift them off the parchment paper.
These keep in the fridge for a while so I would encourage you to go ahead and make a whole bag’s worth of shredded cheese so that you have extras on hand for emergency snacking situations 😉
Does anyone else have a good low carb substitute for a favorite snack food?
Some of my other favorite low carb snacks include: Avocado Hummus with Cucumber Slices, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Deviled Eggs, and Kale Chips.